Wollongong pre-1950's homes in electrical danger
Updated: Aug 5, 2019
Was your home built in the 1950's or earlier? If so, your home could be at a high risk of fire or electrocution. Homes built in this era commonly have Vulcanised Indian Rubber (VIR) insulated cables throughout their home and a good percentage of VIR wiring is now in a dangerous condition. The VIR cable is most likely perishing and cracking and can result in fire or electrocution as this news report from 7 News clearly shows. Smart Electrical recommends that Wollongong residents have their home inspected by a qualified local Wollongong electrician to ensure your safety. Call Smart Electrical on 42846905 to book a free inspection.